Tuesday 7 February 2012

Simon's Town Beach... with PENGUINS!

Last weekend I went to Simon's town which is about an hour train ride away from my house. I went with a few of my housemates and some other VAC interns. Simon's Town is known for the beach it is near. The beach is called Boulder Beach and has so many PENGUINS.. and boulders. haha.
But it is very beautiful.

We took the train which runs along the coast so it's a gorgeous view the whole time. It is actually so close to the coast that when you look out of the window you just see water- so it feels like you're on a really fast boat.

We got to Simon's Town and headed straight to the beach where we saw some cute penguins and then decided to adventure out onto all the boulders. We climbed a bunch of them and just took in the scenery the entire time. It was GORGEOUS (as I realize most things are here!) But I have to say that it was suuuper windy. I mean, I was standing on top of a boulder and I almost flew away it was so windy! You honestly had to scream just standing next to someone in order for them to hear you. But we climbed all along the beach for a good couple of hours. it was fun and exciting. I kept saying "Wow. This is AWESOME" about every 5 minutes. ... but seriously, it was AWESOME everywhere we went. After some fresh calamari and french fries at a restaurant right by the water, we ventured back home on the train. It was a truly wonderful day :) 








Miss each and every one of you :)
much love,
Keira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment